Saturday, July 11, 2009

Hello all,

I realize it's been a while. I attempted to post one las tnight but the internet crapped out on me. Surprise surprise.

So let us see, what is there to talk of?...

Well, Michael came. He arrived on the 3rd, left on the 6th. It was fun. Walked the geyesers around Old Faithful, watched Old Faithful go off, went to dinner at the Snow Lodge, saw two bison and two baby bison.... Didn't really do super much, but it was SO nice to just have him with me for a while. I figured it up and in the last about 7 and a half months, we've seen each other approximately 14 days. And we wont see each other again until October, hopefully. The two bison we saw, with the two babies, are practically our own resident ones. They and one big male bison hang around the area and almost never leave. They wander from Bitterroot dorm (down the way a ways) down to the parkinglot and around my dorm and whatever, but almost never leave the area. It's nice. One of the little ones already looks to be shedding his baby red fur for darker stuffs of the adults, but it also looks like he's favoring his right hind leg. People think he'd been attacked or something, because we did see him limp and we THINK we saw a bit of blood. Terribly depressing, but such is life in the wild, right? And just because they hang around "civilization" doesn't make them tame by ANY means.
So yes, Michael left and I took my first sick day to take him to the airport. Called it a mental health day. The next day quite a few people asked me if I was better. "Well, mostly yeah"... But Jessica - the Queen of the Food &Beverage for the OFI came up to me and asked me what was wrong and am I better... "Well, I know it was mostly in my head, but it was one of those go to work and threaten people's lives, or stay home..." and she said "well I'm glad that you took the day off then" and walked away. I'm sure most of them, especially her, thought it was PMS or something. And I don't care. Call it whatever you like, just so lng as you don't give me crap about it so I don't have to go off on you and I'm ok. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment