Monday, June 6, 2011

Charms and Hitch Hikers

My old cell phone charm has a new story. I got it from a morning buffet cook last summer. Allan I think? I told them his name was Charlie.... Allan (/Charlie) was from China. They don't need to worry about picking up a souvenir for their morning hot line cook now, this is better than being from Montana. It's from China. And not only that but it's traveled. Been from China all over Yellowstone, home to Oregon, back to Yellowstone, and now on it's way to Colorado. In either Nate's or Kelly's pocket, on their way home. They are hitch hiking back home. I picked them up in West at the gate and took them to the southern gate. Fun two hours of driving. Talking with two total strangers. Twenty-eight year old men out having their own adventure. I got to be part of it, and I got to give them a great story/souvenir with the cell phone charm.
People tell me I'm too naive and trusting and people would have me never pick up a hitch hiker... But here within the park it's relatively safe. And it was an adventure in it's own right. I'm glad I had the experience, and I'm glad they were my first hitch hikers. They set a high standard. So talkative and so friendly and so nice.
The rest of my weekend has been pretty chill. I'm not feeling well (hence the cold medicine out in west) but the DayQuill (with vitamin C) is helping. Now the illness is reduced to a sore throat, mucus, and a very swollen whatever-those-are-that-get-swollen-in-your-throat that hurts. Last night I watched Tangled with Carl and Josh and had some Twisted Iced Tea (wasn't bad). Tonight I told Josh we'll go to the pub and get some pizza and a drink or two. Roberts coming along. I keep forgetting that this pub is so much smaller than ours back in OF. OF pub has real pizza ovens and real pizza. Everything here comes out of a toaster oven, so it'll be interesting to see this pizza. Individual sized. No deep fryers for jalapeno poppers, no ovens for hot nachos. It'll be interesting.
But Robert introduced me to a drink called a "Grateful Dead" and I want to see if Monica can/will make one for me tonight. See what happens.
Anyway. Laundry's up, so I'm gonna go get it out, drive out to cell reception and try to call Chris... Come back nap, read, change and head to the pub. That's my day today. Yup.
Have a good weekend all!

No comments:

Post a Comment