Tuesday, May 31, 2011

One Month Down

It's the 31st. I know I got here on the third and not the first, but it's close enough. One month down.
The snow I kept ranting about is still here. I'm kind of getting over it. The snow, I think, reacts with my nature the way the rain does with most. It's kind of a bummer. Just brings me down a bit. Today it's sunshiny and some of the snow is melting, but it'll probably snow tonight. It almost white-outed coming down the other night. Sasha, a sous chef of mine, sings. He spent all day the day before yesterday finding any song he could and changing the lyrics to snow. He's sick of it all too. "Here I snow again on my own," "come snow with me lets snow, lets snow away,".... Just think of any song and find a way to put snow in there instead. It was kind of hilarious. White Snake's "here I snow again on my own" was my idea.
It's kind of good for me though, because it's making me realize I can hibernate well. I watch movies with the guys, I work on my crafts, I read. I don't go out much though cuz it's too cold and most trails are closed. I can do this.
They say it'll stop snowing in June or July - for about a week. A very short 'summer' here in Canyon.
Oh, I'm on my weekend today. It's Sunday. The clothes are washed, the room is picked up enough, and tonight after a friend gets off work, we're going to cruise to West. Might bring Issac too. I started a new craft project. The baby dragon isn't done yet, but I don't have quite what I want to finish him, so I put him aside. I did find the cutest little knitting shop in Jackson - called Knit on Pearl I think. The woman who runs it was hilarious too. I wound up spending a half hour just chatting with her. When I finally get some spending money I plan on going down with my dragon and finding if she has something I want to finish him up. Right now I'm working on a mardi gras mask. I'm using all the fancy threads Mom gave me before I left. They wouldn't have gone through the machine easily, I can tell you that here and now. But they look kind of awesome on this. I think as I get projects done, unless I have an immediate use (like patching something), I'm going to mail them home and let Mom use them. That way she'd also get to see the completed project. It's not the same over pictures.
I managed to get past major arrival without a roommate. I'll probably get one, but it's nice in the mean time to have my own room. The rooms in Grizzly (the dorm I would have been in) are nicer, bigger than the rooms here in Big Horn, but I'm better off here. This is the 24 hour quiet dorm - for older people, people with funky hours (all security are housed here for instance), and managers - and I snuck in. Grizzly is basically the party dorm and I don't really want to deal with that. I can, but why. I have a friend from Grizzly who hangs out with Issac and I here more often than not because he dislikes the.... ambiance of his own party dorm.
Sasha and Lukas - two of the sous chefs - have realized I am basically a jukebox. Sasha said outright it takes little to put a song in my head, and working with Lukas for a half hour he would just say a title of the song he wanted me to sing. It was funny, because he wanted to get it stuck in Sasha's head - retaliation to something Sasha had pulled on him I can't remember what. We ended up on "It's a Small World" It worked too. I happen to know that song word for word and now I think Sasha does too. Then he turned it into "It's a Snow World" in his fit of snow songs.
Anyway, that's all I've got for now I think. Snow. Work. Snow. Work. Snow. Work. Hanging out with the guys. Snow. Work. Movies. Snow. Work. Movies. Snow Work. Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment