Thursday, May 2, 2013

Almost There

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, audiences of all ages! We're almost there. Tomorrow we head up to Alaska.
We've got the camera charged and memory empty. We're burning CDs. We'll be packing the car. And we'll be stopping periodically to post and keep updated! :D
Oh, and very exciting, there will be a new blog coming out. This will be a collaboration between myself, my amazing other half, and our newest friend Mumford! Mumford is a mischievous alcoholic wood fairy who will be joining us on our travels. After a few trips he will probably settle down with my cousin Heather, but by then I'm sure we'll have new traveling companions. You've seen the Expedia gnome but just know he's got NOTHING on Mumford!
I will still be continuing my postings on this blog as they tend to be more than just travels - more rambling about work, life, and lifestyles. Mumford's blog will probably have restaurant/bar reviews, amazing photos, that sort of thing.

Back to the trip! I'm very excited. Everything is falling together. Mostly. We'll make it up, I'm sure. As long as we make it across the border!

I have been stressing all this time about this trip; Chris has been trying to keep me calm. Now that we're a day out I'm considerably less stressed and SUPER excited. Chris meanwhile is stressing out pretty bad unfortunately. We all respond to these things differently. I get the butterflies until it's here, then I'm all calm and business. Chris is a bit the opposite it seems, though even as he's nervous and stressed now he's still very on top of things.

There's really very little to post right now. But I will try to keep you updated! :D

1 comment:

  1. Mumford is the best alcoholic wood fairy friend...ever! ; )

    ReplyDelete