Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hey all,
Just got off my weekend - went out to West Yellowstone on my way to Bozeman, Montana with a few friends of mine. It was fun. Saw a dead deer, which was odd, but other than that no spectacular wildlife. Which, by the way, bison are no longer spectacular... So yeah, we saw quite a few of them, but big deal. Well, except when we saw a few babies RIGHT out our window. We even pulled over, and I got a few pics and a small video. Yay for my camera taking videos... I'll try to get them up but no guarantee.
I bought a few books and a few movies. Nothing else to do here. Oh - Crystal would find this especially interesting - I bought Mists of Avalon on DVD. I watched half of it the other night... And it was good - but sadly it doesn't follow the book well enough to truly compair them. Think of them as seperate works and the movie is quite good though. I also got The Tenth Kingdom - 417 minutes and three DVDs. Haha! But a good movie, and it'll just take me a few days to watch it. :D I also got Spaceballs and Men In Tights. Typically I wouldn't buy so much entertainment crap, but it's needed here!
OH! New In Town - Renee Zelweger (or however it's spelled) as a corporate on the way up moving to Minnesota to nab a promotion... Good movie. APPARENTLY the Minnesota stereotypes are SO wrong though, they're not ALL like that. :D My roommate is from Minnesota and she laughed her butt off at how they portray them. But yeah, good movie. I watched it on my own, and I'm a little off, but there were really funny moments from time to time. And of course, it's a chick flick so it's got the touchy feely parts now and then too...
So today I was so tired I napped all the way through dinner, and all we have in the room is snacky stuff... Shelby is out in West Yellowstone, though, and said he'd pick me up something, thank GOD! I'm starving... And I can't wait to eat the brownie I smuggled out of the kitchen. See, I portioned off the brownies today - the GOOD ones we use for the dining room, not the EDR ones - and there are little bits left all over, ya know? Like, stuff stuck to the spatula, stuff stuck to the pan, etc... So after portioning two sheet pans of brownies, I took the bits and put them in a cup with a lid. :D Greg, my supervisor, saw me, but I wasn't being obvious, and he just grinned. I mean, it's going to go to the trash otherwise, and I'm not being obvious "LOOK WHAT I'M TAKING!" and I'm not taking a brownie - just the 'waste'. It's only corporate hogwash that's keeping us from doing that sort of thing a lot. Like, both the soux chefs on duty walked by and grabbed a tasting spoon to take some of the 'waste' for "quality control"... it's nonesense! But whatever. Such is life.
Anyway, I'm going to finish with Shelby's music before he gets here and then perhaps watch a movie (so I don't fall asleep again!) until he gets here.
I'll update again later. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment