Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Three days off!!

Hey all,
So I know it's kind of been a while. The way the schedules turned out though, I wound up with a three day weekend :D so I thought I'd chat. See, the schedules go from Thursday to the next Wednesday. Typically I had Thursday and Wednesday off - opposite ends of the schedule. But as long as it happens more than once I get a real two day weekend, right? Right. Well, on the new schedule, they moved my weekend from Thursday Wednesday to Thursday Friday - meaning I had Wednesday off from the previous schedule, AND Thursday and Friday from the new one. WOOO!! :D
I still love my job. There's been a little drama going on in the workplace, though. People leaving, coming, changing jobs, and *hopefully* getting fired. People changing rooms in the dorm, changing dorms... People with sudden conflicts, etc. A lot of it in the dorm is high school juvenile drama. They just need to grow up. The drama at work is genuine something needs to be done about certain people drama. In the pantry where I work, for instance, one of our guys is leaving in 8 days. And we have no one to replace him as far as I'm aware. But we're short staffed anyway - the entire Inn is. But we're also getting new people soon. New people in the DORM tomorrow. New people at work... I don't know when, but I know the pantry needs two new people just to bring it to par. Luckily, I'm safe. I have a shift that is mine and as a co-worker pointed out, we doubt anyone COULD take it unless I left. It's MY shift! Lunch line - 7am to 3pm.
I'm slowly but surely - well not SO slowly - realizing the difference between off-the-clock and on-duty people. I could easily hang half the wait staff during my shift. But most of them are actually pretty cool people - OFF THE JOB. It's just ascertaining that difference. Which I'm getting better at.
Lets see, I never really think there's much to tell. It's great fun to act like a tourist while off duty and in public - which we're supposed to. It's so entertaining. Every time I walk into the Inn lobby I stop and go "tourist moment!!" and look all around in the "we're not in Kansas anymore" manner and "ooh" and "ahh"... :D Fun stuff. Oh and people watching!! Is hilarious. "You just bought all this brand new stuff just to 'look the part' even though you'll NEVER WEAR IT AGAIN! How does that make you feel?" And someone asked one of the hostesses "what time do they turn off the geyser?" Or "where are the fireworks for the fourth of July?" (for those who can't figure it out - NO FIREWORKS it's a bloody NATIONAL PARK! Wildlife preserve! No fireworks!) It's fun. Makes me so glad I work BOH so I don't deal with them. YAY back of house!
Anyway, my roommate and I are still fantastic, I love my job, and I have a THREE DAY WEEKEND! :D I'm excited. Ttyl!

No comments:

Post a Comment