Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Almost Done!

I packed and cleaned all day. Tomorrow I throw my final things (over night bag and purse) into my car, vacuum, and check out. Perhaps find a floor to crash on for my final night I HOPE to spend here, but I may end up spending in Bozo. Then I'm OFF!
I got my final eval yesterday. I'm competent. Means I can do my job but I'm not really good at it. Chef pointed out that I didn't exactly have the odds in my favor, jumping in mid season to a total mess like that being a first time manager and not having any training and such. D: But I'm confident I'll get the job back next summer. I told Chef I REALLY want to come back and try it again. She seemed optimistic about it.
I feel the need to say that I have Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog stuck in my head right now.
Meanwhile, back on the farm. I can't wait to get home. I know in a month I'll be restless again but I'm trying to take the initiative in my life, from this point on. (This point being earlier today when I made a very decisive move in my relationship-life) And from this point on I'm not going to wait. I get restless I'll go explore. I'm not going to give myself a REASON to be restless or bored or unhappy in any way again. And I'm not putting so much of my happiness into anyone else' hands that I cannot be happy regardless of what they do.
I'm stoked to start planning my road trip. SO MANY OPTIONS!! But I want it to be good, and I want it to take like, a month. I just need to plan and cost out and such. I saw a book on nothing but affordable diners drive ins and dives basically. I also want to look into the Diners Drive Ins And Dives thing. Maybe plan a road trip around that?
I want to get a GOOD camera for it. Get myself all ready. Yup yup. Stoked.
I guess nothing else to write about really. Life goes on. People do deserve second chances, especially since things can get misconstrued so easily. You shouldn't judge someone on what everyone else says, especially if 'everyone else' doesn't even actually know him. The rumor mill is an amazingly quick method of completely inaccurate news. And telling people of a rumor about you is the quickest way to put it to bed.
This summer I had the first rumor go around about me - ever that I can recall. And I was laughing my HEAD off! Told some of the guys who work for me about it, and one comes up to me later and sure as shit. Not ten minutes before I laughed about this rumor, the other guy standing there went up to him and said "You know what I heard about Cat?!" But it was put to bed quick by my laughing it off to them. Oh it was hilarious too.
Anyway. Signing off. Nothing to see here folks, keep it movin' along.

No comments:

Post a Comment