Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pet Dreams

One of the things I am very excited about with our new van is the possibilities of getting a pet.
Zoey - "my" cat - lives at home and she really isn't about to move now. A few years old and VERY comfortable in her stationary home, she'd probably flip out if I tried to take her with me.

However, Chris and I are very much pet people and very much dog people. We hold dreams of getting a puppy or maybe two (his/hers scenario) to take on our journeys. We both, like many people, long for the companionship that comes from a four-legged-friend. In our van, taking our "home" with us wherever we go, having a happy, healthy pet is a very do-able dream. There are many mobile people that take their furry families with them.

It would make a few things tricky, but pets make a few things tricky regardless. We could see more difficulty traversing major borders. When we go over-seas (and yes, we will be going over-seas) we will have to take special consideration for them. They will add costs onto our lives. Knowing Chris and myself, our lives will probably wind up revolving mostly around our pet(s)....

Having a puppy/dog/pet even on my travels has been a dream and a want since I first went to Yellowstone. Four legged friends give a different kind of companionship than humans can give. A much different bond. I can see vividly having a pup on a leash and taking a hike, going fishing and letting him run around about the area and splashing in the lake/river....

Also, to put minds to ease, Chris and I are both of the opinion that pets are family. Like children, you don't get one and decide two months later you don't want/can't handle him anymore. Life isn't like that. You get one, you get one FOR LIFE. He/she is in your care for the rest of your/his/her days. You can't handle that? DON'T TAKE ON A PET! Easy. But if you have it in your heart and mind to take on a pet, there are ways. Almost any life-style can support a pet if you're dedicated enough. I believe Chris and I are.

And goodness I found the CUTEST bulldog puppy on craigslist. Chris wont let me right now.... He's probably right.... Sigh.

Off to oogle more pups! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment