Thursday, March 14, 2013

Taking This Hippie Show on the Road

Until I started traveling I was under this odd misconception that travelers are hippies. Granted, some are, but many people travel, not just hippies and retired people. There are many lifestyles that just don't agree with being stationary.

Me? Yeah, I'm kind of a hippie. Tattoos that don't seem hippie-ish, piercings, attitude and sarcasm that doesn't fit the typical hippie image... On the other hand.... Health foods, no pills/pharmacy (but yes vitamins), hippie styles, natural stuff - soaps and such. Taking my hippie style on the road will actually be quite easy too. Each area will have it's own kind of hippie stuff, new takes on old ideas and new ideas of their own. New products that rock.
Chris is also a hippie - he just hides it better. Comes off a punk rocker / surfer boy (odd combo, I know) but added to it is the all-natural hippie stuff just like me.  And we want to take our hippie lifestyle to go!

What hippie stuff will Alaska hold? I don't know but I know hippies show up everywhere you DON'T expect them, including your NY high rises I bet.

And with this hippie stuff, we're planning on adding some technology. Solar panels and an interesting water heating system that uses sunshine....Chris is talking about a water-wheel generator. When we get our food trailer we want to convert our van to run off fryer grease. Recycle that stuff! Ultimately, within a matter of years - not decades - the plan is to go off-grid. Not need power, gas, or electric from outside sources.

We will still be purchasing our product for our food trailer, but we want to purchase from local sources. We will still purchase soaps and daily use items, but the "hippie" versions, ya know?

To do that on the road will actually be easier than these fine people that have "brands" to follow I think....

No comments:

Post a Comment