Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hey all, back again.
Worked today - 8 am to 4 pm, as usual. I like this shift, though and I'll be fine if it turns out to BE my usual. Lunch on the pantry line. It's a bit of a bummer because my favorite two pantry people don't work that shift with me - or at least haven't and show no signs of doing so, but it's still all good. I do like everyone I work with.

This Friday is apparently a "Greek Gods" party at the pub. I'm thinking on going. Obviously, I can't drink, but the pub is more than that. It's an employee only hangout kind of. Pizza, darts, video games, pool, and drinking for those who want it. I haven't gone yet, and I've heard mostly mediocre things about it, but I figure for a party, I can check it out. 'Specially if a friend of mine - Shelby - is going to dance. I hope Flora can convince him to because it sounds like it'd be hysterical!

So.... Chef Mike was talking to me during training week about staying until the end of the season - which is just a few weeks later than I was going to come home anyway. I think the last day is like, the 13th or something. I think I'm going to take him up on that. Next month when he wanders back through (after everything is open, he floats from one place to the next just to check in on everything) I'm going to talk to him about extending my contract. I can all but garunte that I'll be back after that though, I seriously doubt I'd want to stay of the winter season.

Oh! So I got my first paycheck today - I feel like I've been busting my butt for the last month or two! But I guess it hasn't been THAT long... It says total hours is 25.68, my rate is 7.25 (6.55 for training) and my total amount I made is 185.14....After taxes and deductions, I made 92.27. The deducted 92.87 out for room and board. HALF the bloody thing! I heard that for the first paycheck this is actually pretty good, and I guess I agree considering we really haven't been here that long and it just seems like a long time.

In case I didn't mention it before, I went out walking on my day off two days ago and walked around then settled down to read. Good book - Mists of Avalon. Got a little too enthralled, and got a funny sunburn. I was wearing my blue shirt that's a little low cut and has the hole in the back, so my whole chest is red and this hole in my back that is also red. Really funny. As Krissy suggested I may get my roommate to take a pic and attempt to upload it, but it won't be as bad as it was. One person said I was PURPLE! I kind of forgot about the whole elevation thing and the whole I'm Oregonian and burn just thinking about the sun thing... All well, I'll remember next time!

Yeah, I think that's the only thing to talk about. I'm going to sleep now. So wore out and tired. My feet hurt. Shelby reccomended getting memory-foam insoles for my shoes, so I may look into that. We shall see I guess.

So yes, goodnight all, I'll get back on this in a few days.
~Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment