Thursday, May 14, 2009

I'm about as blonde as they come!

Hey all,
Random update, because this is a story worth telling.
So I went to work today - normal 8am to 4pm shift. And I was kind of grumbling because my next days off were going to be NEXT Thursday and Friday. Not happy about that particular thought. Then I was bantering with Jonathan because this is his Friday, and went to show him the schedule that was frustrating me. This is 2:30 - an hour and a half until the both of us get off and go our separate ways. I look and lo and behold, my days off was THIS Thursday and Friday - as in today and tomorrow. And I just worked almost my entire shift. So Jonathan can't stop laughing at me, but I don't know what to do! I was almost afriad I'd get in trouble for coming in on a day off because Xanterra is really against overtime right now while they're still figuring everything out, so Accounting probably will hate me this week. Or - maybe - they'll make it up by giving me three days off next week, or one more day this week. We'll see. Anyway, I go and look for Greg, my supervisor, or Dave Frieta, the Chef for the OFI... And I can't find either. So I continue to work! I work the line, as per usual, until Greg walks by - turns out he'd been on a quick smoke break. No biggie. So I'm like "Greg, I swear I'm not normally this blonde... but!" and I told him what I just told you. And he laughed. I'd never seen him so amused. He was like "I don't know, I'll go ask Dave" but he couldn't find him so he comes back looking still VERY amused, and says "I guess you just go home..." So I clocked out. Really I guess I got off an "hour and a half early," if you think of it that way.
All my co-workers in the Pantry this morning are laughing at me now. I can't wait to tell Shelby and see the look on HIS face too (he works with me as well). And it was funny cuz I was counting. There are usually three of us in the Pantry for this shift - one on buffet, one on line, one in the back prepping stuff. And I didn't really think of Greg as one of "us," so when I counted, there were three of us and Greg. But that's wrong - there was FOUR of us...
Ah well, I'm amused. I feel rather like Chris Titus sometimes though - "I laugh because other wise I'd shoot someone! But as long as I laugh :D

So I thought about it just now, and I will take my camera to work and get pics of everyone as I can in uniform. It's just a little difficult because we can't fool around to take pics in the kitchen and on our breaks or after work we just want to crash and sit for a while, so it'll be a little hard for me to remember and get everyone else to let me take pics of them at that point... So yeah, that's that. It'll come eventually.

Now I'm out - things to do, people to see....
~Cathy

1 comment:

  1. HI Babe;

    I'm sorry you're not feeling well. if you have access to a chiropractor I would go see one.. I'd say your back could very well be out..

    take care of yourself, I love you
    Mom

    ReplyDelete