Monday, May 11, 2009

My Days Off

Hey all,
So Sunday and Monday I had days off. Which is to say yesterday and today. I didn't do much Sunday - slept in (WOO!), lounged around, hung out with people. Today I went out to walk and read. I found a spot I like after walking around a bit, conveniently close to the dorms but far enough away to not be bothered by constant pedestrian traffic, and settled down to read. Now, an important part of this story is that I was wearing my black jeans, black tennishoes, and my blue shirt that is kind of long, kind of low cut, and has the whole in the back. I read for a bit, listened to music on Mike's iPod, and when I was done I went to lunch, hung out with people... Whatever. Got back to the dorm and HOURS later it came to appear that I was lobster red burned. I didn't look remotely burned for quite some time. Higher elevation means the sun effects you differently, I know. I was too blonde to use sunscreen, I know. But RED LOBSTER burned. From my elbow down to my hand on my right arm (my hand only lightly burned, everything else bright red), a SMALL amount on my left arm near the elbow, a bit on my nose and where my hair parts on my forehead, ALL across my chest (and this is a kind of low cut shirt), and on the whole in the back. Except for a small part inside the whole where the limp bow hung. Fantastic, right? First off - not a mistake I intend to make again. Second - I find it hilarious. I have a circle burned into my back. No one else, I think, finds it quite as funny as I do but Kevin - who of course feels free to laugh at me.

So yeah, that was my day. Fun day. Spent time with Shelby and a bunch of people, he lent me duct tape to patch the holes in the screen before the bugs get to Alliya and I. Oh - here's something. There's a couple that lives a few doors down. We call them "The Georgia Couple" because they're from Georgia, and they're a couple. Easy enough, right? Anyway, come to find out HIS name is Austin and HER name is.... ok, I can't remember her name. Anyway, Austin is kind of a drunkard. He drinks everynight, and gets drunk more often than not. He also works the hot line in for the Inn dining room. He got drunk one night and came into our room (we leave the door open so people can stop by and chat) and started talking about how all Kitchen Crew are pointless (I'm Kitchen Crew). What do they do? Chop a few things? Make fruit salad? OOoo... The other day I walked through the kitchen on my way somehwere, and he was in the prep room making - guess what! - FRUIT SALAD! Ha! And now - now I believe he's been demoted to working the EDR (Employee Dining Room) which isn't half as glamorous or fun as the hot line in the Inn kitchen. Makes me laugh a little. Not that I'm spiteful or anything... But truly - maybe now he'll be a little more appreciative and stuff. Ah well, I don't care much. I just thought it was funny how carma caught up with him. :D

I think that is all for now. I am still trying to get up pics - the internet here is spotty and slow, so it's taking time. It'll be up as soon as I can get it up. Thanks for the patience, not that you have much of a choice.

~Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment