Friday, September 25, 2009

6....

Today is my Friday. Two days of weekend, three days of work, one last day off.... and I'm on a plane! The second of October I'm on a plane... the fourth of October I'm in PDX.
Crystal, because she's amazing, is willing to pick me up despite the late hour of arrival. By the fifth of October at the LATEST I will be home in K-town!
It's so strange to think about. THREE more work days, people. Three more 7 to 4 breakfast/lunch shifts. Six more days in Yellowstone, sleeping in this dorm, living with these people from all over the world. Literally. Dora from Slovakia, Katina from Russia, German and C.C. from Argentina, Oana I think is also from Slovakia, people from all over the states... Vlad from... I can't remember where Vlad is from, but it's outside the states. All our girls from Taiwan, China, Thailand, and several other Asian countries. I'm so sad - all our girls are gone but a few, and soon Sway leaves too...
It'll be sad not to live with such amazingly different people anymore. Not to have such a strong mix of cultures.
But life goes on. And it's not like there aren't SEVERAL good things about coming home. Home cooked meals, cooking for myself, family, old friends, Mrs Baker, being back on my old 'turf' as it were. Yeah, mixed blessing type o thing I suppose.

Oh, so here's something interesting. One of my warehouse friends was telling me today that girls in Asia he talks to knew about me. It's possible I know them... But he finally said it's because of this blog. So Hello people that are Ken's friends. I'm glad that this is evidently worth reading. That actually is really cool.

Anyway. I don't really have much worth talking about today. I simply find myself excited to be coming home so soon, and slightly... surprised by the soon-ness of it. I almost never thought it would come. So yes, that's my blog and my reason. I'm not sure how much longer this particular blog will go on, but if ever I go elsewhere - duh - I'll continue it. Heck, I might start a new one as of my night in the hotel in Bozeman waiting for the next morning to bring my plane in... For my time at home with work, all my small travels, my road trip. Or maybe I won't, and I won't start one until my roadtrip. I don't know. We'll see, but I think the end of this particular saga is almost at a close. Six days from it, in fact.
Wow. I'm glad I have documentation for this adventure. Whomevers idea this was- Crystal I think- Good idea. I'm glad I have this now.
Now off to shower and get some of Heather's dessert special. Fresh made pound cake, topped with a raspberry/blackberry compote, and finally fresh whipped cream. Mmmmmm.

1 comment: