Wednesday, September 16, 2009

No More Roommate...

Yes, tis true. My roommate, Leah, left today. I'm super happy to have my own room and be able to do whatever I want, listen to music whenever I want, not worry about people coming through.. But after ALL season having one roommate or another, and her for the last two months... I'm kind of sad to not have the super-adorable super-sweet Asian girls come through anymore. It'll be a little...odd almost having my own room for once. I sincerely doubt they'll give me one for the rest of the season - all three weeks of it. I myself have two weeks as of tomorrow until I leave here.... and two weeks and three days until I'm home. I can't wait for either of those things. But at the same time I'm sad to be leaving here... End of season is always a time of mixed emotions, or so I'm told. And experiencing! You want to be happy for people leaving and congradulate them on getting out, but it's depressing to see them go. You look foreward to your own leaving, but you're sad to leave these people and this place that has become your home.
For a lot of poeple it's extra-scary because a lot of people don't have a real "home" to go back to, and don't know what they're going to do for the winter season. But since we all now have Xanterra experience and are in thier files, as much as we complain we can always come back to this new "home".
Jesse and Adam, two of my favorite servers and FAVORITE Tennessee boys, came up with the "Three Lies of Yellowstone"
1) I love you
2) I'm not drinking tonight
3) I'm not coming back next season

I want to get it on a shirt or something. It's perfect and true! For all you out there concerned, no I don't drink here. Federal offense for a yellow to drink here on federal grounds. Yellow, by the way, is colour of the under-aged employees IDs. But for MOST yellows and pretty much ALL blues (overage), drinking is a nightly or bi-nightly experience. It's understandable. It's the easiest way to loosen up here. You can't go to town really cuz it's a three hour drive to town and a 45 minute drive just to West (small tourist town JUST outside Yelllowstone called West Yellowstone), those that work dinner get OUT around 11 or midnight so NOTHING is open, you're too hyped up to go immediatly to sleep... You need to loosen up. You have the employee put which is boring unless you are drunk, buy beer and get drunk (they only serve beer during the summer season)... Or you could have baught hard alcohol at the general store and get drunk in the dorms (your room or someone elses) and party. And trust me, you simple HAVE to loosen up and wind down at the end of the day of work. I put on music, shower, and relax with a book. We al know I don't wind-down by partying though. And on weekends I get OUT if at all possible.
That's how no one really has THAT much money to leave with. You spend it trying to get away from work. Us at Laurel Dorm live thirty freaking SECONDS away from our work for crying aloud! Going to Bozeman is three hour drive - gas money, lunch and dinner money, possible hotel money, entertainment money. If you stay, there's alcohol or eating-out money (going to SnowLodge or the Fountain is also a way to loosen up). The only way to save mone really is to not loosen up, and that is to drive yourself insane. All jobs you need release from,but especially F&B in a Tourist Trap.
Anyway... what was I talking about? Oh the three lies. Yes, "I'm not drinking tonight" hehehe
And I love you. Hollow wherever you go, but especially here in what could be called "hook-up land"
And I'm not coming back next season!! HAHAHA!!! No one WANTS to, everyone probably WILL. Sad, huh? I probably will. I know that.
It kinda depends though - Cheryl, my most favoritest of Sous Chefs... I might go where she goes, depending where she goes. But I might come back here in hopes of getting Gregs job (Pantry Supervisor) or being a cook or something. I know Greg is in the apprenticeship program and he's on his last year next year, which means he'll be a Sous Chef next year... which leaves his spot open. And Oh My!! If Greg was a Sous Chef at the Inn, and I Pantry Super there that would be freaking AMAZING! But we'll see, of course.
I'm making NO hard and fast decisions about next summer or next winter. Not this time 'round.
Anyway! Sorry this is kind of a rambling blog. I feel great today though! Yesterday I collapsed right after work and slept all day. Today I feel great! And Saturday I'm gonna go to Bozeman with Heather so she can get her notebook laptop at Costco. Oh - I gotsa Costco card now, on Heather's account. ^_^
So Yes, I will stop rambling, I will go and take my shower and go do stuff! ^_^
Bye y'all.

3 comments:

  1. Seriously chick? a tatoo.. so was the piercing just a way to ease me into the idea?
    Obviously you're over 18 so it's your body now, despite 9 months of miserable pregnancy and HOURS of hard labor I don't get a say.
    Obviously you are thinking this through, maybe not rationaly, but you're thinking.
    A tatoo together? you know I adore Michael but have you considered maybe getting your picture taken? hats that say "I'm with stupid"? matching T-shirts?
    It is what it is and I'm glad you're expanding your horizons and gowing to be the best you can be (pun intended), but I'm also glad you're coming home before you shave your head and protest the president in the buff..


    Glad you inherited my sense of humor, I think we both need it!
    I love you
    mom
    PS, we really don't have room for Marcus unless you want Heather in your room... this is NOT a mixed co-ed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I don't wear hats....
    And don't worry - Marcus is not coming. He might want to a little, but whatever. Hopefully he'll get the winter season job. If not, I hear there are tons of jobs in Denver for the winter.
    Sorry if I'm distressing you, you know that's not the intent...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I sound distressed?? I thought I sounded sarcastic with a slight bitter taste..

    ReplyDelete