Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sounding board time!

I suppose you're my bouncing off board right now. And the idea of actually getting feedback is what makes this workable! Yay.

So...

The more Michael talks about his new tattoo ideas, and the ones he's GOING to get, and this that and the other... details, but things that are actually going to happen. The more he talks, the more he encourages the part of me that wants to get one myself. The trick is that it has to be meaningful. I refuse to get something that doesn't matter. That narrows it down considerably. Music, books, cooking, and theatre are the only things that matter enough to get a tattoo over. Maybe not books, that would be a little odd, even to me. But I been thinking about music. That's been a HUGE part of my life forever. Choir is just a considerable tip on a below-the-surface iceberg. So I been thinking of and looking at pics of music related tattoos. And where to put it even. If I got one it'd probably be on my foot, one foot or the other. Probably the right foot. THat way, see, it wouldn't interfere with any job I got because it can be easily covered. And I can show it off as I want, it's not something I have to specifically show people because it can't be done casually and it's not something I HAVE to show everyone cuz there's no hiding it. See??

Granted, I've heard that the foot is the most painful area to get a tattoo, but pain doesn't bother me. I just got a hole punched through cartalidge in my ear, remember? I walked on a broken foot for an entire evening when I was younger, remember? It don't bother me.
And I think it would be awesome for both Michael and I to get a tattoo together. He wasn't here for my peircing and Iwasn't there for his first tattoo... I think it'd be cool for us to get one together.

So I don't know if I'm giong to yet, I've still got a month to think bout it for this opening, and then forever to think about it for any other time. I'm liking the idea though, a lot.

My biggest.... not worry... My biggest cause to think is that I'm so outside the herd lately. I'm all for blaizing my own trail, but those that know me best also know it makes me nervous, I don't know if I'll do something wrong. I know there's a line with tattoos as with everything. It can be done tastefully or it can be done horribly and gone overboard with and be way over any line. I have confidence that my choices would be good ones and that I wouldn't do something awful with myself permanently. But the idea of doing something so far off the beaten path for the Wilson clan scares me slightly. It seems that all I've been doing lately. But then - no two of us took the same path did we? Maybe I'm just worrying too much over nothing.

I KNOW it's permanent, I KNOW it's painful, and I KNOW that thirty years I may look back and go "idiot!"... But I think if I use best judgement I won't have that last problem, and I'm ok with the first two.

I think I'm trying to talk myself into it. Into the "now to find the perfect pic" stage, past the "do I want to do this?" stage.... hmm...

2 comments:

  1. Brett says that as long as you don't get each other's names tattooed, then you'll be fine. ;) I think you are absolutely correct in thinking we all took our own paths. I think if it's something you really want, and you are absolutely sure about, then go for it. But I also think if you are doing it simply to be getting a tattoo with Michael, then you should wait until you are absolutely ready, if you every are.

    I'm considering one, but I will probably be considering forever and will never actually do it. I really think I'll be sticking with temporary tattoos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's kind of like the starting a diner idea was, and the ear piercing thing was... An idea I have had for a long while, but thought too impossible for me to actually do/get, or even think about it seriously enough to speak it out loud. But once I spoke my diner idea aloud, now I'm convinced it'll happen. Once I spoke the ear piercing thing aloud, I got it and am happy with it.
    And no - I think the each others names thing is tacky and stupid. If I got anything done for Michael it'd be something to do with love itself, not him necessarily, you know?
    What's the one you're thinking of?

    ReplyDelete