Saturday, May 21, 2011

Long Day

It's late. For the first time all season, I was actually with another living person until just two minutes ago. Crazy. We've gotten in a few new people on location. Only one of them is new-to-the-park new though. One of them is Issac (spelling?) who I knew from my first season out. Claims to have a girlfriend but she's never around, no one's ever met her, and no one believes him. He's a nice guy, but a bit of a creeper. Always trying - badly - to flirt. And now he's got long hair and long beard and neither look good on him and he tries the "stroke the beard in thought" action and it fails too. His creepy flirting drives me crazy. And NOT in a good way. He was not the one I was with.
Robert also got here the other day. He's a security guard this year but last year - and the year previous and the year previous - he was F&B. He closed his location and spent a few weeks - bout a month? - in OFI helping us out. I got to work with him for a bit. He's cool. We started talking and joking the MINUTE I saw him. It was good fun. It's a platonic thing, no flirting even in joking.... But other than the no joking flirting he's like Jordan. We spent the last five hours together - I got off at five, we walked "home" to BigHorn together, and hung out. Talking, swapping stories, etc. It was a lot of fun. Finally we were both so tired and he pointed out it's ten so we split ways to crash.
He tends to not get along with men, I tend to not get along with women. People tell him he's abrasive. I told him he kind of is, but not in a bad way. We hold a lot of the same principles and ideas and such. It's been a good night. I think I've got a good friend here, and getting in good with security is never a bad thing. :)
Anyway. It's late and I'm TIRED, so I'm gonna call it a night. Gotta get up at five to get breakfast out, but on the up side - it's my Friday tomorrow and I get a three day weekend!! WOOT! George and I were talking about hitting OFI, since he's never been anywhere but Mammoth/Gardiner area. Robert and I were talking about hitting OFI, since his stuff is in storage down there and George and I are going anyway. It will be fun regardless what happens. I'm looking forward to the weekend. I'm looking forward to the season in general, now that people are coming in - and people I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment