Saturday, May 21, 2011

This is the Post I Wrote Tonight.

We got internet, finally. And with so few people here right now, it's working well. So, tonight I caught up with all the posts I've written and saved, and this is actually tonight's post. From now on I should be able to post fairly regularly as opposed to writing and saving and posting in huge blocks. Yay.
I'm SO comfortable now.
Robert and I opted to just unload my car into my current room so we could go to Larkspur in Old Faithful to get his stuff out of storage and he can have his room unpacked. Well, when I got my stuff into my "interim" room, I decided I would be fine and I didn't want to move. The Grizzly dorm rooms are CONSIDERABLY bigger, and closer to everything. I'm currently in what's considered the "old people" dorm - the 24 hour quiet dorm. Doesn't bother me, I'm a recluse, I don't hang with people my own age anyway. AND if I want to party, I can walk up to Grizzly or one of the other dorms with the partiers, party, and come home to my not-a-post-party-mess room. SO, I talked to Jessica, a personnel woman, just briefly. She said to expect a roommate (of course, hence the bunk beds), but I could certainly stay if I so desired. SO I unpacked most of my bags, and I'm home. No longer do I feel like I'm living out of bags in a hotel. It's nice.
My bed has it's red sheets, the closet has my clothes.
I don't even mind the idea of sharing this dinky little room right now. I've gotten here first, I've gotten my stuff up, my bed and half the closet chosen. The other person can climb to the top bunk. Or de-bunk the beds if she wants to do so. I don't care. I'm done being nice to roommates though - no sex while I'm in the room, and if I'm asleep and need to work tomorrow damn well don't be super loud.
I just looked up to see a red breasted robin (I think?) dance lightly across the five feet of snow outside my window only to stop, then fly off.
ALL the managers got in today. The EDR was FULL. It was insane. I was also hit on by two new people. Yay. (Insert unimpressed "grr" face here) Most of the people seem nice enough. Generally speaking those who aren't managers are going to be EDR staff. It'll be nice having people to help out - not just having the four of us. On the other hand, we still don't have the upstairs running so downstairs in the EDR could get a little cramped.
Anyway, I think I'm going to watch a Marie Antoinette movie I borrowed. I'm excited. It's gonna be a good night, and a good three day weekend.
Oh, yes. I have my first - and probably last (Andrew agrees) three day weekend. Unfortunately, I'm not doing anything exiting outwardly. But to me, getting settled in, sleeping in, watching a movie, doing laundry, and maybe getting my embroidery back out IS exciting. Especially right now.
ALSO, before I forget. My phone doesn't get reception out here. I'm also almost out of minutes. I'm CONTEMPLATING not refilling them. You all can get to me via internet now, and the phone really is useless unless I'm off my home base location. We'll see, but I wouldn't count on my phone being in use until October....

1 comment:

  1. Can you get Skype? Then Christopher and I can call you. He misses you and asks about once a week to call Aunt Cathy. :)

    ReplyDelete