Thursday, May 5, 2011

Third Year

Good afternoon all,
I have decided to take this back up. I have also decided to just continue this blog as long as I so desire to blog as opposed to starting a new one each year. That didn't make much sense when you all are so kindly following this one now.
As many of you know, this is my third year out. Which means there is a huge gap of time missing during my first winter (not spent in Yellowstone) all the way through my second summer IN Yellowstone and last winter also not in Yellowstone. A quick recap, I worked EDR cook (cook 3), got engaged, broke up, got a new boyfriend, finished my season, went home. Obviously it didn't happen that fast, but it did happen mostly in that order. Life goes on and I see no need to go into further detail on the past. I try to keep the future in front of me, not history.
SO I have been writing posts and saving them to my hard drive as I do not have internet so far in Canyon area. Therefore the posts I do present will probably come - at least for a time - in great quantities with a low frequency.
To start off in this post I would like to add a bit of starter information.
The previous two summers I was in Old Faithful. This year I'm in the Canyon area. I'm an EDR cook (cook 3). I got here three days ago - I think. My season ends in September, but I plan on extending and closing down the Old Faithful area as well. I also am strongly considering applying for a winter job. The Canyon area does not have cell reception for anything but Verizon, and as of right now does not have internet at all. Currently, I'm sitting in an Old Faithful dorm using the internet here.

So, on to the posts containing things that are, hopefully interesting. They shall be both chronicles of my days and experiences here as well as thoughts on life the universe and everything (thank you Douglas Adams for giving that phrase to the world).

No comments:

Post a Comment