Saturday, May 21, 2011

Original Sinner

Don't ask me why, I'm not entirely sure. But I was thinking today about the idea of the "original sinner"... The idea is that women are all inherently evil because woman is the original sinner, right? Something like that.
But two things.
One - Lucifer was a man, and I'd think he would be the original sinner because he went against God first.... He talked the woman into it, and that was going against God's will, right? Which means he sinned first. HE'S the original sinner, therefore man is inherently evil. Just a thought.
Two - and more to the point - Eve was truly talked into it, right? Lucifer talked her into eating the apple, blah blah blah - we all agree on that, I think. Well, then, wouldn't that mean that she's inherently gullible, not inherently evil...? Then.... if that trait really does pull through like some believe, all women are simply inherently gullible, not inherently evil.... Make sense?
Just a thought. I think probably I'd rather people believe I was inherently evil than inherently gullible. That would open up way too much chance of stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment